What's your favorite heartwarming dog story?

 Our dog is a people person, incredibly empathetic. When she enters a room, she goes to whoever needs cheering up. She is the rare dog that always puts our wishes ahead of hers.




She got sick and she was lonely and needy, and since she wasn't allowed in our bed, my wife and I took turns sleeping on the couch with her.

She had pancreatitis, an incredibly painful illness. She was in agony if she moved much, and agony if she curled up, and the heat seemed to bother her. She was most comfortable lying on her side, all stretched out on the cool floor.

In the midst of all this, a relative of my wifes, passed away. My wife was devastated, but still had to help look after a sick dog. Echo would lie curled up in her lap, and whenever my wife would have tears, even silent tears running down her face, she would stretch out across her chest, and lick her tears away. But, lying curled up aggravated her condition, and she would have an attack, and yip, and run around the room. Trying to get away from the pain, then she would come back and curl up in my wifes lap again. Because my wife needed her. We were there for her, she was there for us.

When Echo would lick the tears, she would sometimes have an attack, yip and run away, but return to lick the tears. By comforting my wife, she was experiencing far more attacks than if she laid stretched out on the cold floor, but she did it anyway.

Fortunately it was caused by something else, and as long as she takes her meds for the rest of her life she is fine.