I had only one dog my whole life.

 I had only one dog my whole life. This was some 30 years ago. His name was Cujo and he was a Black Lab.

My parents got him for me when I started kindergarten. He was my first friend. He went everywhere with me through our trailer park. Cujo wasn't the most intelligent dog, but he was the most loyal dog I have ever encountered. A local bully was once attacking me and Cujo bit him on his ass (good boy!!). I wasn't the most socially adept person in the world, so Cujo filled a void I had for a short time.

Words cannot express the feelings I had for this dumb dog. Friend is truly the only one that comes to mind. (I am totally a cat person now. I guess no other dog can fill that space)

When I was about 10 years old I came home from school one day to find that Cujo didn't greet me as he normally did. My parents told me that we couldn't afford to keep him anymore. They said that they gave Cujo to a friend of theirs who would take good care of him (I had never met this person and also never heard of him before). I never saw my pal again.

I still to this day haven't got a straight story from my parents about Cujo. I have since decided that Cujo is still living with this "friend" somewhere on a big ranch in east Texas. Cujo will forever be the loveable Black Lab, dufus I grew up with.



(This isn't Cujo, but they could be twins! Except Cujo had a little half moon missing from the bottom of his left ear. Bitch in heat fight)